- Location: Netaji Subhash Marg, Lal Qila, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi – 110006
- Timings: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Closed: Open all 7 days
- Entry fee: Free
- Architecture: Islamic Mughal architecture
- Year of Construction: 1640
The monumental structure of Khas Mahal is located in the Red Fort, Delhi which is the huge defending monumental complex in the city governed by the Indian government. It is believed the Khas Mahal was used as the private residence of the Mughal Emperor in Delhi.
Khas Mahal has three main parts:
- The Chamber of Telling Beads also known as Viz-tasbih-khana.
- The sleeping chamber known as khwabgah
- The wardrobe also known as tosha-khana or sitting room known as baithak.
Attractions near Khas Mahal
- Bhadon Pavilion: Distance: 400m
- Shahi Burj: Distance: 350m
- Telegraph Memorial: Distance: 1.6km