The Fashion Street market is located just opposite the VSNL office building at Mahatma Gandhi Road in MG Road. It is a popular tourist destination. This market is known for bargaining.
Fashion Street in Mumbai has around 385 street side clothing shops on MG Road near Azad Maidan. Some shops are opposite to Bombay Gymkhana, in South Mumbai, India.
In January 2011, as a part of the green drive of BMC along with Fashion Street Shop Owners’ Association, the markets at Fashion Street stopped the use of plastic bags, and switched to paper bag. Now they are again using plastics made by the training workshop of the National Association of the Blind.
- Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Closed: Monday
- Market Timings: 10.30 am to 10.00 pm
- 16 street markets in Mumbai popular as Sarojini market
- Dadar Flower Market is the place for flower lovers in Mumbai
- Zaveri bazar is famous for jewellery shopping
- Lalbaug spice market in Mumbai
- Linking Road market in Mumbai
- Crawford Market in Mumbai
- Bandra Hill Road Market in Mumbai
- Mangaldas Market in Mumbai
- Colaba Causeway Market