In today’s time, cancer is such a disease that our soul trembles even after hearing about it. But it is not that we can’t prevent cancer. By doing few lifestyle changes, we can get rid of this disease as much as possible, so let us know about some such ways by which we can prevent getting this life threatening disease.
- Eat lots of green vegetables and fruits. Try to eat seasonal fruits as much as possible. Such fruits which contain plenty of water and fibre are very good for our health. Try to eat more whole greens and beans. They are very good for our body.
- According to an international report by the World Health Organisation, people who eat processed meat very frequently, the more likely they are to get cancer of any kind.
- Avoid refined sugar or processed food. Eat food that is low in calories. Try to eat only plant based food as much as possible.
- Control the amount of alcohol intake.Those who take alcohol on a regular basis have more chances of getting breast cancer, colon cancer, lung cancer, kidney cancer and liver cancer.
- Increase the intake of Vitamin D in your diet. Vitamin D is beneficial in breast cancer and colon cancer. Eat fruits and vegetables that are high in vitamin D such as fish, eggs, and york mushrooms.
- It is believed that drinking coffee and drinking green tea is very beneficial in cancer. Green tea helps in keeping many types of cancer away. On the other hand, some such compounds are found in coffee which helps in keeping away endometrial and liver cancer.
- Food like refined flour, refined rice, bread, and pasta can cause cancer. Instead of these, you can eat whole grain, flour bread, ghee etc.
- Cranberries, Blueberries, Broccoli, Carrots, Kale, Squash, Spinach, Cherries are some of the fruits and vegetables that help keep cancer at bay, eat more of them.
- Include dry fruits like almonds, walnuts, cashews, and raisins in your diet regularly.
Tobacco and smoking
- It has been found that people who eat tobacco regularly are more likely to develop lung cancer, mouth cancer, throat cancer and many other types of cancers. 30% of cancers are caused due to tobacco. Quit eating it. Quit smoking too as it weakens our lungs and promotes lung cancer.
Maintain healthy weight
- Obesity is more likely to cause cancer. Obesity helps in getting breast cancer, colon cancer, endometrial cancer, oesophagus cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer and kidney cancer. Try not to make your body too heavy. And this is possible only when we eat well and exercise more and more.
- Try to exercise daily, if daily is not possible, then at least 3 to 4 days in a week must do the exercises like running or cardio. Along with this, get interested in Yoga. Yoga is also very beneficial in keeping our body fit. If you feel bored exercising alone, then join a group of some people. If you are unable to do exercise because your routine is very busy, then at least you must walk for half an hour daily. It also helps in keeping our body fit and helps in preventing diseases like cancer.
Personally, whenever I talk to someone on the phone, I walk in the garden or under my society, so two things are done at once. At the same time, children also play in the park.
In this way, you can talk on the phone and walk as well and at the same time take care of your children, in this way we do not have to complain about time and our health also remains good.
- Sunlight before 10:00 in the morning and sunlight after 4:00 in the evening is good for our body. Try not to go in the hot sun.
- If you have to go out in the sun, apply sunscreen, keep the body completely covered with clothes, and wear glasses. Carry an umbrella or cover yourself with sunscreen before you step out in the sun.
- Hepatitis B is said to promote liver cancer. Mainly people who are sexually active should get hepatitis B vaccine.
- HPV Vaccine is a sexually transmitted virus that helps promote cervical and genital cancer, so the HPV vaccine is a must-have for all boys and girls who are over 11 years old.
Minimise sex partners
- Try not to have sex with as many people as possible and use condoms if you do have sex because the more sex partners you have, the more likely you are to get HIV or HPV infection. You should keep your sexual partners to a minimum.
Medical check up
- Regular medical screening is done to prevent cancer
- Keep checking yourself at your home, as in the context of breast cancer, you should always keep checking your breast. There should be no lump or pain in it, if you have any kind of confusion, then you must consult a doctor.