Veer Savarkar Udyan or park is located in borivali, Mumbai. It is one of the largest Open Spaces in Mumbai. Veer Savarkar Udyan is located in Borivali, West Mumbai. There is a Big Banyan tree which is surrounding the garden including many pipal trees (Ficus religiosa). Veer Savarkar Udyan Park has a lot of amenities like it has a big playground for the children to play, library for reading lovers and there is also a nice long walking track for the fitness freak people. It has a lot of options on slides, swings having large space to move around.
This area is spread over around 7 acres of area in Borivali West which is known as one of the largest Open Spaces in Mumbai.
- Location: Borivali west, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Timings: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Entry fee: Paid
Location and timing
It takes around 10 minutes walking distance to reach Veer Savarkar Udyan from Borivali station Mumbai. The best time to visit this Garden is from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. all 7 days.
However the entry to the park is not free. It’s the minimal entry fee which is used in the maintenance of the garden. The garden is really beautifully maintained and has a good view. There is around 1.5 km long jogging or walking track for the people who love to run.
- A famous thing about this park is that there is a huge Banyan tree and many piple trees which are surrounding the park.
- There are many benches and the sitting areas are arranged for the visitors so that they can sit and relax by sitting on the benches and take a good view of the park. There is also a beautiful lake surrounded by a walking trail.
- In the centre of the lake there is the Statue of the freedom fighter, Veer Savarkar. This is how this Park got this name.
- The park has 4 entrances and all of the four entrances provide different amenities for the visitors.
- There is a dada Dadi park and kids zone playground and many other small activity areas. All the amenities are divided from the Dada Dadi Park by a dividing zone.
- The park leads to the lake area where there are rows of Swing, an open area for playing kids and outdoor gyms.
- They also offer horse riding outside the park. The park is during weekends is extremely crowded.
People usually come to enjoy the beautiful Ambience of the lake. There are a lot of sitting areas where people sit in groups and have conversations while taking the mesmerising view of the lake.
One of the best features of the park is that there is also a roller skating rink and a big Central gazebo which tells about the biography of Savarkar in the form of many posters.
There are small gazebos with a stage located in the centre near to dada Dadi Park.
The best time to visit this Garden is from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. Old age people love to play cricket in the playground in the park.