- Closed on: Open all 7 days
- Timings: 5.00 am to 7.00 pm
- Entry fee: Free
Aastha Kunj Park
Aastha Kunj Park in Delhi is a big 200 acre park which lies between ISKCON and Lotus temple of South East Delhi. This is the biggest park by Delhi Development Authority (DDA).
Because it is connected to the ISKCON temple, Lotus temple and Kalkaji mandir, it also serves the religious purpose. People visit the park for morning walk as well as for yoga and for meditation. Because of the large spacious garden this place is also the best picnic spot for family and children.
- This park is now becoming the common place for wanderers and drug addicts.
- Because the park is surrounded by the colony and the Nehru place metro station, people often get robbed and snatched while crossing the park.
- The park has the big security concerns because of its large area and connection of the park to the rural villages and small colonies.
- The park has lack of security guards and insufficient lightning which makes it less secure area for the visitors.
Government’s future plans
- As per the source of officials, Government has plans to convert this huge space into international destinations like New York’s Central Park and London’s Hyde Park in future.
- Delhi Development Authority has the plan to make Astha Kunj park a world class theme park offering lot of fun and entertaining activities for the visitors.
How to reach Aastha Kunj Park
Nearest Metro Station:
- Nehru Place Metro station | Distance: 0.5 km
- Kalkaji Metro station | Distance: 0.9 km