About Jaigarh Fort, Jaipur
Jaigarh Fort is built on the Eagles eye Hill in Jaipur. This fort is present at a height of about 500 feet above sea level. This fort is made of sandstone which is spread over an area of about 3 kilometres. Jaigarh fort in Jaipur Rajasthan is famous for its history photographers and culture enthusiasts. Sawai Jai Singh II built this Jaigarh fort in the year 1726 which is located on the top of the hill. The local people usually call it by the name Cheel ka teela or hill of the eagle.
Famous things about Jaigarh Fort
- Jaigarh fort has the largest cannon on wheels in the world which is also by the name Jaivana cannon.
- As we move inside the fort, we will first find Lakshmi Vilas, then Lalit Mandir, Aaram Mandir and Vilas Mandir.
- Actually, Its purpose was to build it for the purpose of security of Amber Fort. This is one of the strongest forts of Jaipur which is also called ‘Vijay Kila’ or ‘Victory Fort’.
- This fort was the storehouse of all war material, weapons and ammunition.
- There is also a Persian style garden present within the fort. The garden has four parts. The special thing about this is that there are many windows which are made of net. Through these windows you can see the entire outside view clearly. But the special thing is that you cannot see anything inside from outside.
- Apart from the temples, there is also a museum and an armoury in the fort, which people are excited to see.
To enter the Jaigarh fort, you will need to purchase tickets at the entrance gate.
The entry fee for the Jaigarh Fort is accessible for both domestic and international tourists. The entry fee for Indian nationals is around Rs. 35, while for foreign nationals, it is approximately Rs. 85. The ticket price for students in Jaigarh fort is Rs. 75.
Jaigarh fort timings
The fort opens its gates to visitors from 9:00 am in the morning. The fort remains open throughout the day. As the sun sets over the Pink City, the fort gates close at 4:30 pm in the evening.
Famous attractions nearby
Though, there are several restaurants that offer a perfect blend of delicious cuisine and breathtaking views. One such restaurant is the Padao Restaurant, located within the fort itself. With its open-air seating and panoramic vistas of the surrounding landscape, it provides a memorable dining experience.
If you’re planning a visit to Jaigarh Fort, there are several excellent hotels in the area. One such hotel is the Jaipur Marriott Hotel, located just a short distance from the fort. Another great option is the Trident Jaipur, offering stunning views of the surrounding Aravalli hills. Additionally, the Raj Palace Jaipur, is a heritage hotel with amazing architecture, and impeccable service.
Maharaja Jai Singh II
Jaigarh Fort is located in the city of Jaipur in the state of Rajasthan, India.
To reach fort, there are a few options available. If you are already in Jaipur, the most convenient way to reach Jaigarh Fort is by hiring a taxi or an auto-rickshaw. The fort is located about 15 kilometers from the city center, and the journey takes approximately 30 minutes, depending on traffic. Alternatively, you can also travel a local bus, which will take you to Amber Fort, located nearby. From there, it’s just a short walk or a quick ride up the hill to reach Jaigarh Fort. There is even an option to trek up to the fort through the scenic hills.
Which day is jaigarh fort closed?
Jaigarh Fort in Jaipur, India, is open to visitors all days of the week, including weekends.
One of the most remarkable features of Jaigarh Fort is its massive cannon, named “Jaivana”, which holds the Guinness World Record for being the world’s largest cannon on wheels.
It is recommended to allocate at least 2-3 hours for your visit the Jaipur Fort.